Monday, November 7, 2011

Vans, buses and automobiles... fun riding in Rio

I had a lot of fun riding in Rio. Interesting enough, I often felt more comfortable on my bike than on the back seat of a car when travelling on Rio's busy roads. Was that because I was in control of my machine or was it because other drivers didn't need to squeeze past me as I was travelling slower?

I don't know but watching those drivers unpredictably change lanes and driving into gaps a couple of feet bigger than their cars (or buses!!) was a chilling experience at times, even from the back seat.

Anyway, I thought I share the experience of riding in Rio with a short video but chose a quieter time and the picturesque Avenida Delfim Moreira, in one of the most coveted areas in Rio, Leblon Beach.

And just in case you decide to ride your bike in Rio, I recommend the use of the ciclovias (bikepaths). They are also fun!






No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory