Friday, November 25, 2011

It doesn't really matter what bike you ride...

"... and in case of doubt, just go!"

That's what the coach told a really, really young Jens Voigt and that's what I would say to the young, or the new rider if I was their coach.

I think this approach will develop a rider's character and stamina, everything else, like speed or tactics, can be taught later. It is unlikely that it will lead to many wins in the beginning, but it is possible and when one does come around, it does feel very, very gratifying.

Back to Jens, my friend PJ sent me this video and wrote: "I think you will appreciate Jens view on racing."

He was right and I decided to post it here, hoping that it will bring a smile and motivation to those training and racing their bikes.

Any bike.



No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory