Friday, November 11, 2011

The Ship Song... a gift to all folks out there

It has been a while since I last posted a song here. Too long maybe but, and because it is never too late to do anything in this life, here it is... The Ship Song.





Many versions of this song can be found and I don't even know which one I like best. Perhaps the one with Nick Cave himself, or perhaps the adaptation by Concrete Blonde that Steve put on a tape for me. That was back in Adelaide and many years ago.

Anyway, this is a gift to all folks out there, if I may, from me and from where I am right now - at home.

I hope you like it.


5 comments:

Dee said...

Beautiful. The ship song pulled me in because I am from a ship building place, but it was about here and this place, which I found reaffirming of the choice to be here. Thank you.

Groover said...

I listened to all three versions (and then some more on YouTube) and now I can't get the song out of my head... Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds version's the most beautiful in my opinion. Didn't care much about Pearl Jam's.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the pic. I was looking through your web site and listened to "The Ship Song". What a great song. Jane and I then listened to the various versions and I reckon the Aussie version with the various artists is about the best.

Garry

AMR said...

Thanks Dee. This one - here - brought tears to my eyes when I was overseas last time, debating the topics choices and home.

Groover, they are all different, and have their own beauty. I think.

G&J, so glad you liked it!

Nils and Anke said...

Beautiful song and video, thanks for sharing Alberto!

 
Blogged Blog Directory