Friday, June 24, 2011

Cycling hint #2: carry 2 spare tubes

So, what are the odds of getting two flats in one ride? What would you do if you got a flat 10 km from home but only 20 min into the ride?

First, you are riding well, 30km/h for the first 20 min is good going... The odds, I don't really know but I would hate to have to turn around and head home for another tube or keep going for another hour without a spare tube.

What if you spot someone stuck on the side of the road and in need of a tube?

For this reason, I do think carrying two tubes is the way to go. As well as carrying a couple of sleeves (cuts of an old tube) in case something puts a hole on your tyre. Hey, they got me home once or twice...

My list:

- two tubes
- two tyre levers
- two rubber sleeves
- mini pump
- pre-glued patches
 (not in the picture, click here)





What's on your list?

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Adrian Fitch said...

I'm also a big fan of carrying a spare gear wire and one of those KMC chain links.

 
Blogged Blog Directory