Monday, October 18, 2010

Philippe Gilbert and my Grafton to Inverell training

First, Gilbert wins his second Giro di Lombardia. How good is he? And how well has he raced this year? To me, the most exciting rider in 2010.

Totally inspirational, that's how he won this Classic:



Philippe Gilbert's Palmares




In the lower ranks now, my training for Grafton to Inverell reached the end. It has been a long, sometimes painful, road that started back in January. With only a few more days before the race, I still don't have a clue how I am going to perform. There are just too many variables in road racing, especially a 228 km race.

The one thing I know is I am going to have a great time... like always!

My last four weeks:


Week Thirty Eight: Recovery
Time: 9 h
Dist: 205 km

Week Thirty Nine: Build
Time: 16 h 05 min
Dist: 344 km

Week Forty: Recovery
Time: 4 h 30 min
Dist: 120 km

Week Forty One: Taper
Time: 12 h 30 min
Dist:  315 km

1 comment:

Colin said...

I have just read that SBS are broadcasting live from Inverell next weekend and then showing a full race wrap the following weekend. Great news for the sport and we can watch you on TV. Hope there are cameras on the KoM climb.

 
Blogged Blog Directory