Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day Seventy-six: Pain is only transient



A few weeks ago, I posted this photograph and didn't write anything about it. A friend had sent me a link for the climb and there I found the extraordinary image.

I have now, and just by chance, found a couple of posts by Dave Moulton, where he writes about the rider, Fiorenzo Magni ,  and the moment when the photograph was taken.

A little more research and I found that Fiorenzo has won three Giro trophies and The Tour of Flanders also three times. A bit more about this great Italian rider here.

The climb is the San Luca in Bologna. This is a very tough climb and the stage for Simon Gerrans amazing and, in contrary to the Italian's effort in 1956, almost effortless looking win in this year's Giro d'Italia. Undoubtedly, a great moment for Australian Cycling in 2009.

Enjoy!



No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory