Friday, March 16, 2012

Cold, rainy days are best for coffee and cake...



It was cold and there was a light rain. Normally, the day would have become a day-off-the–bike and I would have done other things, perhaps I would have jumped on the rollers for an hour or so. But this day was different and I thought I should be on the bike. And riding on wet cobbles…

Mon, March 12th : Senftenberg Loops






I found this great 3.4 km circuit not very far from the apartment. It had two long straights, a sweeping bend, a couple of train crossings and, perhaps, 1.5 km of cobbles. Perfect for a club crit, I kept thinking while bouncing, sliding and trying to better my times…


Time: 1H 35min
Dist: 38.7km
Elev: 100m
Temp: 10.9-7.8°C


After that, a short ride to and around the 700 years old town square before meeting Sandra for an afternoon coffee and cake, a custom I have happily adapted to…









No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory